Jesus knocking at the door

 AATHAVAN 🖋️ 661 ⛪ November 19, 2022 Saturday

"I sleep, but my heart waketh: it is the voice of my beloved that knocketh, saying, Open to me, my sister, my love, my dove, my undefiled: for my head is filled with dew, and my locks with the drops of the night." ( Song of Songs 5 : 2 ) 

God respects the individual freedom of human beings. So he does not force anyone to come to him. But He wants everyone to repent and come to Him. For that He gives various opportunities for people to know Him. Accepting and rejecting him depends on the personal choice of the people.

In today's verse, Solomon narrates his experience. He says that though he sleeps, his heart is awake. "Even in my sleep I heard the sound of my beloved knocking at the door" is an important thing for us to note. We may be in spiritual sleep without knowing God today. Therefore, it is necessary for us to keep our hearts awake so that we can hear the sound of God knocking on the door.

"My sister, my love, my dove, my undefiled: for my head is filled with dew, and my locks with the drops of the night". These words remind us of Jesus love and sacrifices for us. He comes and knocks on the door for us, suffering from the night's drizzle and the cold of the snow. As we read this we are reminded of his sufferings and scourging on the cross. He comes and knocks on our door with that pain.

In Revelation, God similarly speaks of knocking at the door of our hearts. "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." ( Revelation 3 : 20 )

Beloved, this verse urges us to live with an alert heart. We cannot hear His voice if we are only praying for worldly needs. If we are eager to know God, surely we can hear His knocking on the door.

"If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will sup with him, and he with me." It means a deep divine experience. If we go to someone's house and sup, it means we have a close relationship with them. We don't go and dine at everyone's house. Further, we share many things with each other only when we are at dining table. God desires to live with us in such a relationship.

Even if we are on sleep, we should be mature enough to hear God's voice. If we take one step towards God, He will take many steps closer towards us. We can hear God knocking at the door when there is a real desire, "Lord, I want to know you" in us. Then, we can hear him knocking at the door and open.

Message :- Bro. M. Geo Prakash Contact- 96889 33712

Comments

அதிகமாகப் படிக்கப்பட்டச் செய்திகள்