Betroth for ever

 AATHAVAN 🖋️ 655 ⛪ November 13, 2022 Sunday

"And I will betroth thee unto me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies." ( Hosea 2 : 19 )

The relationship between God and man is like that of lovers and that of a husband and wife. We can cite many verses in the Bible as examples of this. This is how the whole book of Song of Songs is written.

It is said in the Book of Revelation, Bridegroom and Bride. Christ's church and believers are the Bride. Christ is the Bridegroom.

Today the Lord gives us a promise. He says to us, "I will betroth thee unto me for ever." It is like one saying to another that I am ready to accept you as my life partner. That is, He says that He will make us His own. If one experiences redemption, it means that God knows him / her as His bride.

We can know Christ by His grace only. This is what is said in today's verse, "I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies." This is what the Apostle Paul also said. "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God" ( Ephesians 2 : 8 ) Yes, it is by His grace that Christ knows us and reveals Himself to us.

In today's verse he says that he will know us as his bride. "I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness: and thou shalt know the LORD.( Hosea 2 : 20 )

Beloved, the greatest of all blessings in this world is to know Christ. Christ wants to know each of us as acceptable to Him. But that requires our sins to be forgiven. It is necessary that we open our hearts to him without any hesitation. He keeps knocking on our inner door. All we have to do is to open the door for him to enter in. 

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." ( Revelation 3 : 20 )

You may think how Jesus knocks on the door of our hearts? How can we know this? Dears, He touches our heart when we hear and read salvation sermons and articles. He comes to us when we listen to them and obey.

Beloved, "I will betroth thee unto me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies." Says the Lord Jesus Christ.

He is ready to accept us; Are we ready to receive Him?

Message :- Bro. M. Geo Prakash Contact- 96889 33712


Comments

அதிகமாகப் படிக்கப்பட்டச் செய்திகள்