இயேசு கிறிஸ்து முதலில் நம்மை அன்புகூர்ந்ததினால் நாம் அவரை அன்பு செய்கின்றோம்.

Sunday, August 11, 2024

Deaf and Dumb

 


“Thus, I was as a man that heareth not, and in whose mouth are no reproofs. For in thee, O LORD, do I hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my God.”( Psalms 38 : 14, 15 )

This verse is taken from a psalm called a psalm of remembrance by David. If we look at why David sang this song, many people tried to take his life. Especially Saul, Saul's commanders, and David's own son were waiting to kill David like this.

But I am like a deaf and dumb person who does not care about any of these things, says David. The reason is because David believed that the Lord would answer them. Therefore, says David, I am like a man who is deaf and has no words in his mouth. That is, it can be said that this is an expression of David's faith in God.

And in the two verses preceding these verses, he says, “They also that seek after my life lay snares for me: and they that seek my hurt speak mischievous things, and imagine deceits all the day long. But I, as a deaf man, heard not; and I was as a dumb man who did not open his mouth. (Psalms 38: 12, 13)

Yes, beloved, if we remain silent when some act against us, the world may call us cowards and helpless, but as David says, if we remain deaf and dumb and wait on the Lord, the Lord will answer for us. Then the response of the Lord to the enemies will be very severe.

The Israelites were afraid of Pharaoh's forces trying to destroy the Israelites. Then Moses said to them, “Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will shew to you today: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen today, ye shall see them again no more for ever. The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace”. (Exodus 14: 13, 14) Similarly, we read in the scriptures that Pharaoh's destruction was very severe.

The same thing happens in our lives. Yes, dear ones, this is the truth that I have experienced and known. “Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.” (Romans 12: 19) the apostle Paul says.

“For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.” (Hebrews 10: 30) So when some people act against us, let us remain mute and deaf and wait for the Lord to answer.

Bro. M. Geo Prakash

No comments: