My yoke is easy and my burden is light

 Aathavan 🖋️ 537 ⛪ July 18, 2022 Monday

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls." (Matthew 11:28,29)

When the Bible was written it was not written with Chapter numbers and verse numbers. Numbers were given only after 1200 A.D. These numbers are helpful to find the specific verse easily. But at the same time these numbers hinder our proper understanding of many verses.

Today's verse is the same. Most people only quote Matthew 11:28. Only this verse is written on the walls, stickers and posters. "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Jesus didn't stop there. He goes on to say, "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, and you will find rest for your souls." (Matthew 11:29)

A yoke refers to a crossbar placed around the neck of cart-oxen. The real meaning of this verse is, come to me and be comforted so that you will not be burdened with your worldly burdens. For that you accept my yoke. "My yoke is easy and my burden is light" (Matthew 11:30).

Right meaning is, come to me, do not be tormented with your worldly cares, sorrows and sufferings; Accept me. Accepting me is a simple matter. Then your soul will find rest from torment.

Beloved, to come to Christ is to accept Him and accept the yoke of His commandments. They are not difficult. This is what the apostle John says. "For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous." (1 John 5:3)

We should come to the Lord Jesus Christ instead of worrying about our sorrows. We must commit ourselves to obeying His will, trusting that He will bear the burden of all our problems.

Let us draw near to Christ with eagerness to receive His rest. He is not far from any of us.

Bro. M. Geo Prakash, Contact:- 9688933712

Comments

அதிகமாகப் படிக்கப்பட்டச் செய்திகள்