God's supreme blessings are ours when we are with Him

AATHAVAN 🖋️ 629 ⛪ October 18, 2022 Tuesday

"Son, you are always with me, all that I have is yours." (Luke 15:31)

These are the words of the father to his eldest son in Jesus Christ's parable of the prodigal son. The younger son separated from his father and destroyed his property. The eldest son is with his father. But when the estranged younger son returns to his senses, the father organizes a feast to celebrate the joy. This gives grief to the eldest son.

He said to his father, "All these years I have served you and never disobeyed your command, but you never gave me a single lamb so that I could be happy with my friends. As soon as this son of yours comes, who destroyed your property among prostitutes, slaughter the fatted calf for him." ( Luke 15 : 29, 30 ) The Father says today's verse as an answer to him.

Beloved, this is the greatest blessing we receive when we are with God in the spiritual life. But we also fail to notice it like this elder son. Because we do not have wealth or worldly blessings like other worldly people, we wrongly think that God has done injustice to us. 

This father says to his eldest son, it is like a worldly rich man telling us that "all that I have is yours". But, most of the time we don't realize this. The scriptures say that we are aliens in this world. Our permanent abode is heaven. Jesus Christ has promised us as He said to the eldest son who lived to obey the Father in truth.

Yes, He wants us to be with Him in His glory. The sufferings of this world are not worthy of the glory to come. This is why apostle Paul wrote, "For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us."( Romans 8 : 18 )"

Jesus Christ also prays for us to attain that glorious bliss. Yes, "Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world." ( John 17 : 24 )

Not only that, He prayed, "That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us" ( John 17 : 21 ). What a great blessing these are!!!

Like the sad elder son, we are regretting that our worldly desires are not fulfilled and say, "you never gave me a lamb so that I could be happy with my friend."  Beloved, we are blessed to the full when we are always with Him. Because we are his sons and daughters. All that in his is ours. Therefore, looking at us, he says, "son, daughter, you are always with me, all that I have is yours".

Yes, God's supreme blessings are ours when we are with Him.

Message :- Bro. M. Geo Prakash,  Contact- 96889 33712

Comments

அதிகமாகப் படிக்கப்பட்டச் செய்திகள்