Seek the LORD, and his strength

 AATHAVAN🖋️ 635 ⛪ October 24, 2022 Monday

"In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears." ( Psalms 18 : 6 )

The words of today's psalm were sung by King David when the Lord delivered him from all his enemies and from Saul.

David lived by trusting in the Lord and counting Him as his strength. Saul, the enemy kings, and his own son tried to put David to death. But he did not waver and clung to the Lord.

The second verse of Psalm 18, which is included in today's meditation verse, says, "The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower." ( Psalms 18 : 2 ) Thus he declared his faith when the Lord freed him from all sufferings. 

Here, David gives eight different names to the Lord: rock, fortress, savior, my God, my strength, my buckler, horn of my salvation, my high tower.

Beloved, how do many Christians today often see God? They see God only as a doctor who can cure their ailments, help them solve their debt problems, help them get married for their children, help them get a job, Yes,...just give them worldly blessings.

How high are the words rock, fortress, savior, my God, my strength, my buckler, horn of my salvation and my high tower. Because David looked up to the Lord in this way, the Lord freed David from all his sufferings.

That is, David considered the Lord as the first one and prayed. But most of the people today give priority to the blessings from God.

As David sought God with all his heart, he says "God heard my voice from his temple, and my cry went into his presence, and entered into his ears." 

Today, as David says, it is necessary for us to seek God. We may have a thousand problems and needs. But it is not necessary to cry to God by telling them. We need to be assured that we have a God who can solve all our needs and problems.

If we have that assurance, we will consider God as our savior, shield and rock like David. Otherwise we would be crying and listing all our problems to Him.

Beloved, let us be faithful to the Lord, not seeking His face for getting worldly favors as, what he will provide to us. For He has promised, "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." ( Matthew 6 : 33 ) 

"Seek the LORD, and his strength: seek his face evermore." ( Psalms 105 : 4 )

Message :- Bro. M. Geo Prakash Contact- 96889 33712

Comments

அதிகமாகப் படிக்கப்பட்டச் செய்திகள்